Nightlizard

NightLizard's Cave

Introvert playing extrovert. An Artist. An Accountant. And a very happy person :)

Manga Classics: Emma - Po Tse, Jane Austen, Luke Mehall;Gaelen Engler;Drew Thayer;Ashley King;Stacy Bare;Chris Barlow;Erica Lineberry;Brendan  Leonard;Teresa Bruffey;D. Scott Borden, Crystal Chan I LOVE Jane Austin, she was such an incredible novelist, she created the most iconic characters and remarkable heroines of all times. Her books are graceful, witty, playful and simply beautiful. Emma originally is not my favorite heroine, she is too irritating for me, BUT yet she grows through out the story and become quite lovable, but this version of her turns to be so much dull and unlikable that I still couldn't feel any sympathy for her at the end. Mr. George Knightley - one of the most perfect gentlemen in Austin's novels was a complete joke and I am not even sure what presented him so more - the comical facial expression or the way he was represented in general... this art do not complement the story at all. Because of NetGalley I am on my ride to read Manga Classics and this one is the most disappointing from all of them... *Digital review copy provided by NetGalley & the publisher in exchange for an honest review.